Andrew Makowski, DNP, APRN, PMHNP-BC
Assistant Professor, PMHNP Track Coordinator
Andrew Makowski, DNP, APRN, PMHNP-BC, is an Assistant Professor at the University of Kentucky College of Nursing, where he teaches in the DNP program and is the psychiatric mental nurse practitioner track coordinator. Dr. Makowski received both his BSN and MSN from Eastern Kentucky University and his Doctor of Nursing Practice from the University of Kentucky. He is certified as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse practitioner and practices in an integrated care setting. He has a clinical interest in mood disorders, anxiety, and severe mental illness. Dr. Makowski is a member of the Kentucky Nurses Association (KNA), the Kentucky Association of Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Midwives (KANPNM), the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA), and the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF).
- DNP - University of Kentucky, 2019
- MSN - Eastern Kentucky University, 2015
- BSN - Eastern Kentucky University, 2011
- Psychiatric-mental health nursing education and practice
- Treatment of mood disorders and severe mental illness