Amanda Lykins, DNP, RN, PMH-BC, NPD-BC
Amanda Lykins currently serves as an Assistant Professor and co-coordinator for undergraduate psychiatric-mental health nursing courses, at the University of Kentucky College of Nursing. Dr. Lykins is a former Staff Development Specialist and Clinical Nurse Specialist for Behavioral Health at UK HealthCare. She has many years of nursing experience in psychiatric-mental health nursing, perioperative nursing, nursing staff development and as adjunct clinical faculty. Dr. Lykins graduated with multiple degrees from Eastern Kentucky University, most recently a Doctorate in Nursing Practice with a concentration in Organizational Leadership (2016) and a Master of Science in Nursing with a concentration in Nursing Education (2010).
Dr. Lykins is currently certified by the ANCC in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing and Nursing Professional Development. She also serves as a member of UK CON: BARN and UK CON: Behavioral Health Wellness Environments for Living and Learning (BH WELL).
- DNP, Eastern Kentucky University, 2016
- MSN, Eastern Kentucky University, 2010
- BSN, Eastern Kentucky University, 2009
- ADN, Eastern Kentucky University, 2007
- BS, Criminal Justice, Eastern Kentucky University, 2004
- BS, Psychology, Eastern Kentucky University, 2004